Monday 10 March 2008

Post performance reflections

What a fantastic day I had on Thursday! Thank you so much, all you lovely southeastdance people, for giving me such an amazing opportunity! I can still hardly believe that I was able to perform in front of an audience and receive all those lovely compliments! It's something I'll never forget......
Thank you to all who made it possible - from all those who commissioned the piece, to Sean for the brilliant lighting, to Holly for the wonderful costume, to the staff at The Basement who made us so welcome, to Lauren and Kyla and people whose names I have forgotton for being so encouraging and supportive, but especially to Ginny, who I can't thank enough for bringing out something in me that I scarcely knew I had.
My friends are amazed at what I have been doing - I'm usually quite shy and very reluctant to put myself forward for anything - but everyone I've told about the project have been very enthusiastic - I do hope this will spread to involve many other people - I can't think of a better way to celebrate life!

No comments: