Wednesday 5 March 2008

The night before the performance!

I have been giving myself a talking to after the nerves of the last couple of weeks and am going to really enjoy tomorrow's party!

It was good having the dress rehearsal in The Pit -even though I still struggle to remember all the details - especially where to position myself - sorry Ginny! I should - no will - be OK after going through it again tomorrow afternoon.

I love my costume! It was so wonderful having something specially made for me - another first experience! I am full of admiration for Holly's skills - both creative and practical! Thank you all for treating me to such a luxury!

Going back to the Greyfriars performance - it seems to have created quite a discussion among those who watched, about dance, music, art, performance and related subjects. It certainly provoked a lot of interesting reactions! Everyone has been very positive and supportive, which I do appreciate. Performing in public is something I would never have dreamed of doing before I responded to the postcard invitation from Paddock productions to take part in "Something To Dance About", which was when I first met Ginny. That took a lot of courage to begin with, but was such a brilliant experience, dancing in the skate park in Lewes with a group of people I'd never met before we started rehearsing together.

I was a bit bothered last night because I did not feel as elated as I did after the showing in the Nightingale and can't quite work out why. Perhaps it's nervousness - I'm trying to work out how to deal with things I haven't had to deal with ever before in my life - having always shied away from being noticed or standing out in any way - so I'm going to think positively and just go for it!!!!!!
Fiona

No comments: