Friday 22 February 2008

Dancing at Greyfriars Court

Comment from Fiona: I have just got home from dancing at Greyfriars Court, where I have worked since 2000. I have indeed been very nervous about showing the dance to people I know well, both staff and owners, so it is a great relief to have it behind me! Ginny first showed some video DVD clips of her previous work as an introduction, and I danced after tea & cake and rearranging the seating in the lounge. I think and hope that most of the owners enjoyed it; several came and said lovely things to me, both about the movements and the emotional content. They did find it interesting, even though some said their only experience of dance was with classical ballet. The Poulenc sonata was absolutely right for the piece.
It is a good feeling to have so much support and encouragement. I did appreciate the support and encouragement of my colleagues. They think I am very brave!
I know there is still a lot of work to do, as I am still finding it difficult to remember all the movements! I just get frustrated with myself, as I have still not arrived at the point where I can be confident that I will not forget what comes next! Especially in the second half of the first section, but I shall work on that bit over the weekend. I hope I'm not grumbling - I have loved every minute of the rehearsals and love working on the dance, trying to remember everything, late at night in my kitchen!

No comments: